The procedure of reviewing publications
August 2, 2012
ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL THOUGHT
THE PROCEDURE OF REVIEWING PUBLICATIONS IN THE QUARTERLY "ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL THOUGHT"
On June 30, 2011, the Program Committee and the Editorial Board of the quarterly “Economic and Political Thought” unanimously decided to adopt the following rules for reviewing publications in the quarterly “Economic and Political Thought”:
1. In order to assess a publication, the Editorial Board appoints at least two external reviewers, i.e. specialists from outside Lazarski University.
2. One of the above-mentioned reviewers must represent a foreign scientific - research center.
3. The reviewing procedure must follow the so-called double-blink review process rule, i.e. a principle that the author of the publication and its reviewers do not know their identity.
4. The reviewers submit a declaration stating that there is no conflict of interest in their relations with the authors of the reviewed texts.
5. A review must be developed in writing and must end in an explicit conclusion whether the text should or should not be published.
8. The above-mentioned procedure and rules for reviewing a publication have been announced on the webpage of the quarterly “Economic and Political Thought”.
7. The reviewers’ names of individual texts are not revealed. However, the name of the reviewer of the whole issue of the quarterly is made known to the public.
The above-mentioned procedures and rules are in agreement with the recommendations of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
Prof. Józef M. Fiszer, PhD